Sunday, June 07, 2009

Week 16

After the busiest week I managed to submit TMA 02 early, changing one of the activities at the last minute which is pretty normal for me!! Then it was off to Milton Keynes for an ECA markers meeting. Spent the lovely sunny weekend in the car on the M1 and then in the OU building...but the food was good. Also the overnight stay at the Hilton was clean, no kids, tv to myself, peace and quiet...bliss!!
I've had a look at week 16 activities/quiz. As far as changes to TMA 02 are concerned I would have suggested doing part 1 as a collaborative activity within small groups. I'm now looking at TMA03 and the ECA. Have an idea about what I'd like to do but need to run it by my tutor. About to start some work on Elluminate for OU in the North with a view to exploring its uses for tutors who have European learners so may use this.
Have just received 104 ECA's to mark over the next 2 weeks so it will be busy but at least there's no big TMA to write for H800. Have also been asked to do some work for an Early Years project but will have to turn it down as I've too much on.
I've added a new gadget...a countdown to ECA submission. As this is my final course on the MAODE its great to see that I'm really near completion. However I have no idea how I'll cope without anything to study as its been my life for the last 2 years!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love your counter Tracey!! Can't believe you have been studying on MAODE for about the time that you have been going through the emigration process! You will definitely have a great qualification to take to Canada :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley. I can't believe how fast the time has gone...seems like only yesterday!! I think it helped with the MAODE to do a 30 point course then a 60, then a 30, then a 60 as it broke up better. Two 60 point courses one after the other would have killed me off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Tracey I have also often thought that it would have been better as an OU newbie to do a 30 pointer first, to get in the swing, then do the 60. It's been a bit steep but gets me to where I want to go quicker, and I will soon forget the pain!

    Still don't know how u fit it in with 3 kids and an AL job, I am in awe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the older 2 are 17 and 19 so not really kids and they help with the 9 year old. Also AL's average 6 hours a week per course so for me its about 12-15 hours so not too strenuous. Marking time is the worst time if they all come in at the same time.
    I can recommend H808 and H810 as good 30 point courses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know 100 ECAs to mark in 2 weeks seems quite hectic!

    Thanks for the recommendations :-)

    ReplyDelete