Monday, June 29, 2009

Twitter

Oh blimey...yet another technology to take up my time!!! Well I've tried to avoid it but as part of H800 I have to get myself an account which I have dutifully done. I've decided not to use my phone but just stick to using it on the web.
I was surprised that there were people I could follow who were linked to Elluminate, blogs, elearning etc and that some of them decided to follow me. I'm being quite picky about who I allow to follow me...had to block a couple of very dubious people already!!!! Not sure what, if any, value I'm going to get from this in the long run but for the moment its given me a couple of links to some helpful websites.
With regard TMA03/ECA I seem to have fathomed something out thanks to my tutor...designing an intro to Elluminate for European students...well something along those lines!!

2 comments:

  1. There are plenty of OU academics and other staff, including other educational technology professionals worth following on Twitter.

    This guide might help - http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/

    Good luck with the 'long road' - I'm working on it too (although finishing H800 will be my last course on the MAODE)

    See you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil
    thanks for the guide...H800 is my last course too!
    Good luck!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete