Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 15 TMA 02

After chopping and changing my mind I think I've finally settled on my 4 activites for the TMA:
  • Week 10a Activity 5 Blogs
  • Week 11 Activity 1f Debate
  • Week 12 Activity 5 Elluminate
  • Week 13/14 Activity 3b Wiki's
Also wanted to use Week 4 Activity 12 Richardson (online vs f2f) and may still exchange it for the Debate but at the moment thinking of using Richardson for Part 2 of the TMA as well as LEX (JISC) etc. Blogs/wiki's and now Elluminate are the tools I definitely use as a student but also would like to use as a tutor in the future. I also liked the idea of using an online debate with students. In the past with FE students I have got them to debate smacking. As early years workers its illegal for them to smack in the UK so it's important they understand the consequences of smacking for both themselves and the children in their care. Its easy in a traditional classroom setting but online would be more tricky. Hopefully the online debate could meet that need. It opens he doors for many debates in Early Years.
Trying to complete the TMA by the end of this week (no chance!!) as it's half term next week and family are staying, then I'm at OU in Milton Keynes for an ECA marking. Have just finished 4 weeks of marking and now its that student panic time when they have to sbmit their ECA next week.....my email box is on the verge of collapse and my telephone has resorted to cowering in the corner afraid of its own ring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment