Saturday, September 06, 2008

H810

Today was the first day on H810: Accessible Online Learning:supporting disabled students.

So far there appears to be only two of us in the allocated tutorial group but hopefully more will join. Had tried to put my OU blog onto the tutor wiki but gremlins wouldn't allow it so have created this blog as I'm familiar with blogger.

This is my third MAODE course and so far its not as expected. I'm used to Firstclass desktop as both a tutor and as a student and navigating the course forums is frustrating to say the least....but its early days I guess. Instead of returning to course website I'm redirected to studenthome and have to start all over again.....who has that many hours in their day to waste? Obviously as this is a new course there will be a few problems to iron out.....probably helps that I tutor for OU and have been a student for years!!! Also as it's a masters course and about online learning it will be constantly evolving.

I still have a 6000 word ECA to finish and have somehow got myself involved in an online course with the University of Manitoba in Canada and of course I've got TMA's to mark. So, so far my first day appears to be nothing more than a whinge....can only go up from here eh?! I've had a quick glance at the course material and it seems to be OK. I would have preferred to have started the course after I'd finished the last one but what can a girl do!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey,
    I'd be interested to hear more about your online course with the University of Manitoba in Canada? What is the subject? Just out of interested, is it all online or are some materials provided in hard copy. Does it meet accessibility more than H810?
    Cheerio, Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine

    the course is to do with connectivism. There are hundreds of students on the course. They are all global. Some are agining credits and others like me are just dipping in and out. All materials are online and are mainly blogs.
    Heres the link
    http://www.umanitoba.ca/academic_support/ltc/
    BW Tracey

    ReplyDelete