Sunday, September 07, 2008

Actvity 1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 (Week 1)

Activity 1
  • Already familiar with StudentHome page
  • and familiar with MAODE Programme website
  • Have checked out the website and course-specific online tools e.g. blog, wiki's
  • Have created pesonal blog....posted Autumn pics as it feels like Autumn outside and as the course progresses it will hopefully remind me how many weeks have passed since I started and how nearer I am to completing!!!
Activitiy 1.2
  • Have now read course guide and Assignment guide
Activity 1.3
I work for the Open University tutoring two level one courses fro the Early Years degree. I'm based in the northeast of England so my learners are both from the northeast but also from anywhere in Europe. This can mean that often English is not their first language. They are 'vocational' students in that they must be working in an Early Years setting in order to comply with the requirements of the course. They are of varying ages, anywhere from 18 years onwards. For many this is their first form of study since leaving school and for some their first experience of OU. At the present time my courses are quite 'traditional' in that the learners have course materials posted to them, they must post me their assignments and I also carry out face to face tutorials. However this is changing with the introduction of eTMA's and more online activities. I have already created wiki's for both my courses since studying on H808 and H804.
I would like to have more awareness and understanding of learners with disabilities especially in relation to online course design as well as being their tutor. At the present time I have no learners with disabilities.
Activity 1.4
  • I've added my name to the list of students in my tutor group wiki
  • I've made a link there to my blog
  • I've introduced myself in my tutor group forum
  • I've posted a reply to a member of my tutor group
So far I've ticked off all of the Part 1 activities....yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment