Tuesday, February 03, 2009

H800 Week 1a

Activities 1 and 2
Well the course doesn't officially start until this Saturday but it's actually open now. So far its been a bit like a social gathering meeting up with everyone from past courses...students and tutors alike!! I've tried not to do much reading yet as I want to enjoy the 2 weeks off catching up on housework, reading trash and reminding the kids who I am!!
I have however already done the first 2 activities....
  • introducing myself
  • saying something unusual about myself...almost drew a blank there!
  • what technologies I use in work/out of work....blogging (for the MA it helps me to reflect, organise what I've studied and documents the journey)
  • what I want to get out of H800.....for this one I prefer to wait and see what unfolds!
I wish I'd started this blog at the start of the MAODE as its become a bit of a security blanket or may be its just a habit but even though H800 doesn't require a blog I'll continue to maintain this one.
For anyone on H800 reading my blog for the first time...yes I love Canada..how did you guess? We visit there about once a year and have family and friends in and around Ontario. The photo of the road in the autumn was used because I started the MAODE in September as the trees were about to change colour. It reminds me that I've travelled quite a long way already towards gaining the MA!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey!

    I think I'm going to abandon the OU blogging service, as it seems to be imposible to upload pictures to it, and I can't work out how to find other people's blogs using it.

    I already have a blog all about Media Studies and technology in education, so I think I'll follow your lead and just create a separate blog for that, using Blogger.

    http://www.digitalnativemrv.blogspot.com/

    I'm going to have a crack at Task 3. I've downloaded a bunch of articles all about the development of technologies, but my eyes are beginning to get sore, so I think it's time to do some traditional marking instead!

    Take care,

    Sacha

    ReplyDelete