Saturday, August 01, 2009

Week 24

Activity 7
Well this week didn't fair much better. Very slow start so decided to jump in and attend the Tuesday night Elluminate.....well I didn't really have much choice as I wasn't available for this mornings! We discussed Thorpe (2009) ‘It is through practices with technology, rather than the direct effect of the tools themselves, that we create learning contexts.’ exploring what it means and the implications for practitioners. There were only 3 students and the tutor but the session seemed to go pretty well though sometimes I'm not sure what the objective of the session is or what outcome if any has been achieved by the end of it.
So after bouncing to activity 7 I'm now having to work through the rest of week 24. It all seems rushed at the moment because TMA04 and the ECA are looming and I can't seem to grasp the point of the last couple of weeks in relation to the two assessments...fells like I'm meant to be swimming Olympic style but all I can muster is the doggy paddle:( Think I'm lacking the adrenaline buzz..too lethargic!!

2 comments:

  1. "I can't seem to grasp the point of the last couple of weeks in relation to the two assessments"

    I agree, I have found the last 2 weeks to be representitive of my worst fears of HE. That it focuses so much on analising and reflecting on the minute details of theories and ideas, that it becomes pointless and slightly pretentious.

    I can't see any benifit in spending more of my life deciding if learning is like a root,a moss, a network or a community. Or what the difference is between them all anyway.

    Actually while i'm having a rant, The "practices and debates" of the course title seems to be basicy "what do you think of the netgeneration?"

    I am questioning how much of my time I should spend on these weekly activities, and should I just look at the TMA and ECA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....just wondering though if the 'learning is like a root, a moss, a network or a community' will affect ownership of learning and was this the point of it all. However I've taken the decision to focus on TMA04 and ECA and cover week 25 retrospectively. I see you're on twitter....I'll follow you if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete