Monday, August 17, 2009

TMA 04...groan!

Last week was a really bad week. TMA 04 was due in yesterday and its not like I've never done a TMA before but I really struggled with this one. I think I was a bit loath to start it as this is my last ever TMA...just an ECA to do and I've finished my MAODE!! So I think I was feeling a bit sad it was nearing the end. I've loved doing this Masters and have worked with some great people. Also I don't think joining Twitter helped me. I seemed to spend more time on there checking on how others were doing than I did on writing the damn TMA...its become an addiction! I struggled big time reading Mary Thorpes research paper.....I just couldn't make sense of the academic language no matter how many times I read it and when I was asked to sum up the intro as a requirement of the TMA I could have cried...hand on heart I'm still not 100% sure what the hell the paper was about! For me, as with the other TMA's in H800, there were just too many components. The TMA seemed to jump from one thing to another so just as I settled into writing Part A I had to jump to Part B and start all over again. I haven't experienced this in any of the other courses. In H808 there was a research piece and a reflective piece which enhanced each other so they worked well. So my last TMA has been the worst and not how I expected to round off MAODE. Just have to hope that the ECA is a better experience.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, TMA4 was a huge struggle, this is my first course so only my forth TMA but like you part A and part B did not knit together with a totally different style that confused me.

    Congratulations on completing all your TMAs and being so near the end of MAODE; gives hope to us newcomers. I'm sure your result will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Julie...hope H800 hasn't put you off lol!! I made sure I let them know in the H800 survey where I felt there were weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete