Sunday, January 04, 2009

First thoughts on ECA

My issues are open to change. I have related them to each chapter though have felt that within each of the 3 chapters there is a common thread and that is that it's 'everyone else's responsibility and therefore not mine'. I'm happy for anyone to add in comments to my section!!

Chapter 11
1. Interpretation of legislation and guidelines - this would include enforcement of the legislation. As there is little documented evidence of enforcement it's more than likely that most organisations settle out of court when threatened with litigation.
2. Opportunities and incentives - what is the motive behind ensuring accessibility e.g for educational organisations is it more to do with the available funding and therefore 'bums on seats'.

Chapter 12
1. Division of labour - roles and responsibilities.
2. Tools - adding or creating yet another tool before practitioners have had the chance to learn to use existing ones.

Chapter 13
1. Brokers
2. Boundary practices and constellations
These two can create shared good practice which could in turn create a framework of good practice

4 comments:

  1. Hi T,

    Which book/paper was this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi E
    its based on findings in J.K.Seale
    ELearning and Disability in Higher Education
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I actually read that for my last ECA! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey E I thought you were going to tell me I was way off track on my ECA. See what happens when we don't study together....you have no idea what you're reading lol!!
    T

    ReplyDelete