Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Week 9

Activity 3.1
1 hour
Imagine that you are responsible for designing an online module or lesson on web design for a group of students in your own context.
Decide which aspects of the guidelines are important in your context and think about how you would approach teaching this to your students.
Create notes, an outline or a plan for such a module or lesson in your blog.
Your method will depend on your context and teaching style. If you’re not sure where to start, the plan might include:


  • learning outcomes
  • a list of topics to cover
  • resources that you would use
  • which method of teaching (face to face, online, groups)
  • the length of time it would take and so on.
The purpose of this activity is for you to think about what else students need to know in addition to a list of guidelines.
In my context I tutor both online and face to face. I'm now more of a facilitator of learning. The students have their course materials and I guide and advise them. I use lesson plans for face to face tutorials and I develop exisitng activities for online participation usually via the wiki.
Resources are usually what ever I have experience of rather than what is supplied by the OU. I tend to mainly use a word document and powerpoint.
In the past I have created a powerpoint on reflection using audio sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment