Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 10

Activity 3.1
1 hour
Think about the process by which you produced your learning resource and write some notes about it in your blog. Here is the link to my resource again....Reflection.doc
You might reflect on:

  • Why did you choose the particular topic? I chose this topic because it is one which my learners often struggle with initially. It is a requirement of the assignments that they must use reflection.
  • Why did you include particular elements? I chose to include links to the OU study skills website so learners could enhance their learning further if they wished to. I tried to keep the resource simple so as not to overwhelm learners. I also enabled the resource to be used by learners who did not have Internet access.
  • What guidelines did you refer to when creating the resource? I used JISC. I used the guidelines aimed at creating readable word documents
  • What areas were particularly difficult and why do you think this to be the case? Getting a balance between providing useful information that learners could use and not overwhelmimg or alienating them
  • Do you think the act of making an accessible resource affected the way that the learning outcomes were addressed? In this case no but this mat have been the case had the resource been more technical
  • How many of the decisions you made about the resource were influenced by technical considerations? Very few
  • How many of your decisions were influenced by pedagogical or other considerations? All of them were. I also took into account my learners individual learning styles and cultural differences

No comments:

Post a Comment