Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Loving Week 10!!

After what I would say has been a bit off a rocky start to Block 2 (Block 1 wasn't exactly a bed of roses either!) I am loving Week 10. This is probably due to less activities so there's more time to concentrate and work on them. Also I've discoverd Delicious...how sad am I that I've been studying MAODE since Sept 2007 and only just fathomed out its use!!! Really like OpenLearn http://www.open.ac.uk/openlearn/home.php ...as an AL I'm sure the OU will have directed me to this but I either didn't have time to look or didn't understand its use. There are actually resources for the courses that I teach....as far as I'm aware they've never been recommended in the AL discussion forums. Not much use now as the courses are ending this July and amalgamating into one starting this October.
Anyway I've atually jumped forward in the activities so I need to go back to Week 10b Activity 6 and read through the OER Roadmap. I'm aware that my time will be limited over the next few weeks as I have TMA's to mark for two courses, tutorials, CPD day (on Elluminate!!!) and ECA markers day at Milton Keynes!

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you here Tracey. This has been one of the most intersting weeks yet. I also did not know what Delicious was. I have this vague ambitious notion of doing research in the future so I totally get the value this site can bring me. My students have just completed their course and I did not volunteer to mark the ECA this time (as I had enough on my plate with work and H800). Sounds like you could do outsource some of your work!!
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    I've not ECA marked before and thought it was about time I did. This is probably the last chance I'll get anyway before emigrating next year. My lot are on TMA03 at the moment and OU are hopefully going to give me one last contract for this October. I've loved working for them.
    T

    ReplyDelete